Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made my ice trip to fishlake yesterday, got our first holes drilled at about 8 am. The splake were biting on and off all day long, the longest we went without a fish was about 30 minutes. I was bound and determined to hook another wall hanger mack, but could'nt get them to cooperate. At the end of the day we ended up with 81, almost all splake with 5 rainbows and one ten inch long pup. All the splake were between 12-18 inches, most of them right around 15. They were hitting any small jig as long as it had perch meat on it, that seemed to be the trigger. Most of the fish came from a 25 foot bottom right off the weedline, but some were caught suspended 20 to 40 feet over deeper water (50-80 feet). Lost one splake or pup mac (couldn't tell) that would've been the biggest one of the day around 22 or more inches. All report from other parties was similar, mostly splake with a rainbow or a pup here and there. Nicest weather day i've spent up there, better than most the spring and fall days.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We fished near bowery haven, four wheelers and snowmobiles are good to go, just make sure you can find a good place to launch them. The 81 comes from 3 1/2 people, so bear that in mind as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts