Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Fishlake on Saturday morning, all the marinas were frozen so we used the dirt ramp at twin creeks. Trolled for about 2 hours with no success, so we stopped and jigged on the dropoff by the rocks at bowery haven. Pulled 5 splake, and 2 rainbow off the dropoff, then trolled for another hour to the cheese hole. At one point i had a nice mack (30 plus inches) in to the shade of the boat, but he used his james bond moves to get free. I guess i have another reason to go back, like always. At the end of the day, we ended up with just 8 splake and 2 rainbows, largest was a 20 inch splake caught with a tube jig. Main lake temperature was between 41 and 43 degrees. I would imagine the next few days would be the last few days of soft water fishing, so if you're thinking about going, right now is the time.

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
Wow !!! You must have a good bucket of snowballs to make that trip...!!

Good report though ... :) ...... Good luck on your return...!!

I'm hoping to get to Fishlake next year...without the ice.. :) :)

Were you fishing out of a boat or toons?

edit....never mind my question....looks like you were in a boat... :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Christopher30 said:
At one point i had a nice mack (30 plus inches) in to the shade of the boat, but he used his james bond moves to get free.
I hate those **** fish and their **** James Bond moves!!! :wink: That's too bad you couldn't land him, but it must have been fun just to have him on for a while. Good job with the other fishes as well. Sounds like quite a fun day.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Christopher30 said:
Main lake temperature was between 41 and 43 degrees. I would imagine the next few days would be the last few days of soft water fishing, so if you're thinking about going, right now is the time.
Not 'till Christmas. You won't see ice on that lake for another month...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the last few days of fishing, i mean the edges will start to ice soon i guess. I stand corrected. It was fun fighting him, but i fought the battle thinking i was going to win, so when i lost it was like playing for utah when beck threw that touchdown at the last second and they lost. The pain was that bad. I've had it happen with a ton of largemouth, a monstrous pike, and a few really nice stripers, but this one tops em all i'd say. Oh well, it won't be the last time it happens, but i'm sure i'll have another shot at redemption.

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
PBH said:
Christopher30 said:
Main lake temperature was between 41 and 43 degrees. I would imagine the next few days would be the last few days of soft water fishing, so if you're thinking about going, right now is the time.
Not true PBH...I won't see ice on it, ever!!.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
.45 said:
PBH said:
Christopher30 said:
Not true PBH...I won't see ice on it, ever!!.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wussssss! :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.