Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we went to the ladders ,got there at dawn there were allready a lot of people there ,glad we left the wheelers home this time they were just getting stuck in the slush we went to the ladders last time it was good this time we got skunked and the slush was really bad left at 12 seen alot of bull elk on the way home that was worth the trip.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was at the ladders today as well. We took the tent, boy was it hard getting it through the water and slush on the ice. We needed our waders! We also got skunked a lot of fish on the fish finder, but they weren't interested. We were fishing at 29 ft. My cousin was a little further out. He caught four cuts and had a lot of bites. We tried the same jig with chub meat, but couldn't get a bite all day. He must of had the honey hole? We also saw the bull elk and some turkey's at the bottom of Daniel's Canyon. We noticed a lot of people on Deer Creek. We will try there next weekend. :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Fished Chicken Creek East. Saw the elk and the turkeys roosting in the bottom of Daniels, one turkey was lagging walking up the road to meet up with the rest. Lots of bites but only landed two in the slot. White tube jig, tipped with minnow, also tipped with a salmon egg or two seemed to be the ticket. Walking was a *&^%$, but we almost made it to chicken creek west, got away from the crowds. No 4 wheelers any time soon. Sun burned, Chicken creek west was snowed in. Need a jig with a trble hook attached, as soon as I put that on I did not miss another fish. Fishing died after 11 am. Pack it up at 11 if you head up. Early was best. Stayed until dark but was a bust.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thats to bad to hear about a slow bite and the slush, makes me think of other places to go next weekend. Better luck next time!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
It seems like the berry gave you guys the shrug. Not good.

Sorry it didn't work out better for everyone. How thick was the ice under the snow/slush?

·
Registered
394 Posts
We were the third party out on CCE this morning. It was a nightmare getting through the powder. Then the slush holy crap. When we finaly got out a bit we figured that the trek in would keep the crowds down.....WRONG.

We tried to get a way from the other parties a bit and when we finally got things set up we caught a fish broke 2 off and missed a bunch of bites. Then the crowds came in real heavy and the fishing went to hell. We took off at 10:00 with a total of 5 fish caught between 4 of us.

Probably the last time I fish a Saturday at the Berry this year

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me and 3 other guys took machines across the bay by the marina today caught about 40 slot cutts. Fished from 8:00 to 2:30 the slush and snow is bad over there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts