Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good day fishing and a easy access area. I had heard that deercreek was doing well for rainbows. Can anyone tell me a good spot to go to as I have not fished that lake since the last time it froze over which must have been at least 5-6 years ago.
Any info would be good. I am taking a friend up tomorrow and hope to beat the storm coming in. Lucky we have a tent to keep us warm.
Also, do you have to pay to park??
thanks again,
fishfever3

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I drove by today and there are a few pull-offs plowed along the way. That'll be your only free parking. If you don't mind a long walk, you can park somewhat close to the dam and walk the rail trail along the north shoreline. I'm not sure, but I don't think fishing is allowed between the buoys and the dam. If that's still the case, then it's a pretty good walk on that pathway.

The highway pull-offs looked alright, but not too many are plowed. If you park there, you'll have to hike down the hill through the snow and sagebrush. I'm not sure what the State Park charges for a winter day pass, but that will get you much closer to the water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went thier thursday and just paid and parked in the pinic area by the island or what use to be the island. I fished on the south end of the island, did ok I landed seven on the ice and my dad got one, but we both missed a quite a few. We were using paddle bugs and rat finkees tip with either max or meal worn. But the paddle bugs worked the best. The ice is about 8 inches. We got there about 930 and fished till three the best bite for use was about 12 to 230 or so. All the fish we caught were planter rainbows, But i know there is some big nice rainbows cause i catch them their every spring. Hope this help you out a little.

·
Registered
814 Posts
We fished there saturday. The place was a mad house. There were a million people. We fished the west side of Sandy beach by the lone tree. We caught a few right off the bat before the circus got there, but after that it died down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts