Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law is in town and wants me to take him fishing. Neither of us have all our ice fishing gear. Is there any lakes I could take him to that aren't completely iced over yet? Jordanelle, Deer Creek, etc...?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Orvis or anyone else is Rock Cliff iced over at Jordanelle? Is Jordanelle producing anything right now?

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I was down at Burriston Ponds today. The majority of the water is still open.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Rock cliff is iced over. I fished it wed (12/26) for the second time this year. There is about 8 inches of ice near the inlet and there was 2-3 inches of slush on top (and 5 inches of ice) about 125 yards from west of the inlet. Two of us caught 6-7 each in about three hours (all rainbows 10-17 inches).

There is still a lot of open water up there I am sure you could fish - if you wanted to.

·
Registered
976 Posts
FC2Tuber,
The ice was to the first bouy (I think there are more but haven't tubed that far west), but because of the slush I only went about a third of the way between the ramp and the bouy. The farthest I went still had a good 5 inches of ice, but I am sure it tapers off at some point. There was about four times as much ice as there was 2 weeks before :)

It looked like there was some ice buckled near that bouy, like there had been some wind to drive it off the lake into the existing ice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts