Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be going out this weekend.... for some fishing on a river. I won't chance the ice... especially with snow on it... just sounds sketchy and cold to me. Won't be the Web, since my "eyes on the river" source told me that a lot of the holes were frozen or had chunks of ice to maneuver around.... it'll probably be somewhere down by Provo. If anyone is out on the Provo or Diamond Fork or just sees me, feel free to come on over and say hi. I'll more than likely be alone or with my little black dog Buddy. I'll be in the little blue Nissan with the Sportsmans warehouse bag duct taped in the back slider window.... :lol: Of course, the plate might give me away too....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh come on Riverrat. You don't have to fish by yourself. Me and some of the guys are planning on going snowshoeing into Grand Daddy basin and doing some ice fishing. Either Grand Daddy Lake or Betsy Lake. You know you want to go.
Really though we are trying to plan a trip that has some accessible ice. You should come along.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like an awesome trip.... and it would be fun snowshoeing. I hope you guys get into them if you go. I don't know if I could keep up because I'd have to be bundled up like the Michelin man for that one. Fishing the Uintas in the middle of winter has always been in the back of my mind though... because nobody else would be out there doing it, at least thats how I imagine it when I'm dreaming. Are the streams iced over when you go up there? Or are they still fishable if you could find a way in? I'll give my report from the lower elevations but would love to hear how you guys do if you wind up in the mountains.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
He's joking, man. There's no way he could get the group that's planning on going up into the Uintas this time of year. :lol:

holman927 said:
Really though we are trying to plan a trip that has some accessible ice. You should come along.
Although I agree, fishing up there would be a real adventure. The Grand Daddy Basin would almost certainly be void of human presence right now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yea sorry! :wink:

There was a small group of us that went up to Hunntington, the hike from the parking lot to the ice was a couple hundred yards. Thats about as much adventure as I can handle right now.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Cmon' you know you had a great belly laugh watching me crawl on my hands and knees the last 45 yards to the parking lot. Brought back infant memories, yes some easy hiking with no slush for me this weekend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts