Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I want to do the fishlake lake ice fishing tournament for perch this winter but I can't find any info on it.

Does anybody know if they are doing the tournament this winter? Approximate dates?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
If I remember correctly, it has changed to a "season" tournament instead of a single day event. It just simple grew too large for the area to handle (parking, etc.).

Last year it started January 1.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here is what I found.
Fish Lake Perch Tournament
Due to COVID-19, the annual Fish Lake Perch Tournament — hosted by the DWR and several partnering organizations — will be spread over several months rather than being held on a specific day. It begins Jan. 1 and runs until Sept. 6. As its name suggests, participants will be targeting perch and can win prizes if they catch a tagged one. Two drawings for prizes will be held, one on April 1 and a second on Labor Day weekend. Details are available in this Facebook post: Log into Facebook

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here is what I found.
Fish Lake Perch Tournament
Due to COVID-19, the annual Fish Lake Perch Tournament — hosted by the DWR and several partnering organizations — will be spread over several months rather than being held on a specific day. It begins Jan. 1 and runs until Sept. 6. As its name suggests, participants will be targeting perch and can win prizes if they catch a tagged one. Two drawings for prizes will be held, one on April 1 and a second on Labor Day weekend. Details are available in this Facebook post: Log into Facebook
That's just mean to have a drawing for prizes on April Fools!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Interesting read. That makes it sound like they cancelled the 2021 tournament.

I wonder if they are going to have it this winter in 2022.
The way I read it, they intend to continue the event. It's dependent upon the $$ to be able to subsidize what's needed to pull it off. I'm sure the fiscal budget is available to the public if one wanted to venture into it to see the breakdown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts