Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a fishing buddy to hit the gorge with me either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. I've been out a few times and have done good, but wife does not like me going out alone. I have all the of the gear so I just need somebody able to pull me out if I go in馃榾.

Registered
Dang it my daughter is trying make the usa archery team this year. She has the southwest sectional this Saturday. Although it's not a shoot for the team it's a good practice shoot for her. I could do a Saturday afternoon trip after the shoot and come back Sunday afternoon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Registered
I found a person who is new to burbot fishing too and said he can head up this weekend. Have the shelters and equipment....just need the fish to cooperate. We are going to hopefully set up shelters late Friday afternoon and fish until Sunday at Firehole. Probably set up near the boat ramp and adjust locations from there based on what we see and learn from the locals. Can always use company and expertise.

Registered
If our baby wasn't about to pop out any day now I would join you, always wanted to try burbot in a buttery garlic sauce. With the safe ice this year it's a great time to get out there!

Registered
The burbot were active last weekend at firehole starting just before dark and seemed to shutoff about 10:30 pm at the same time the crawdads stopped playing with the bait. They were up to about 24+ inches except of course for one monster that took a lot of effort to bring up and broke my line once I got him up near the hole. Some were biting mid afternoon too. They seemed to hang near the toe of slope where the bottom rises rapidly from 35 feet to 15 feet. One person caught a burbot in 6 feet of water.:p

I think this weekend will be a good one to head out, especially Saturday night.

Saturday night should be the warmest night of the week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts