Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have a Flaming Gorge trip coming up this weekend. We will be spending Sunday fishing from a boat and would like to fish from shore on Saturday. We are not familiar with the lake so I am not sure where a good accessible place to fish is. I have been told Sheep Creek is good. How is the access? Are there other places anyone could recommend? We will have our 9 month old so I would like to drive as close to the water as possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. We are staying at Brownings in Manila.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The wife and I just had our 9 month old out this past weekend best advice would be sun block for the baby and plenty of toys, for fishing if your after rainbows anywhere you can access water should produce, worm 5' below a bobber only out 15' or so water level is really high right now and having a bobber on still let you play with the baby. Good luck

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. We took him to Scofield with us two weeks ago and he had a lot of fun playing in the sand. The sunblock we put on him did a great job of keeping him from getting sun burnt. Of course we could not keep him in the shade of the canopy we put up LOL.

Smile People in nature Happy Beach Fun

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Just a suggestion - Mustang Ridge. Prettiest place on the Gorge. Lots of good shore fishing spots. Easy access. Great for rainbows and smallies.

Reactions: kstorrs and wyogoob

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Thanks for the advice. We took him to Scofield with us two weeks ago and he had a lot of fun playing in the sand. The sunblock we put on him did a great job of keeping him from getting sun burnt. Of course we could not keep him in the shade of the canopy we put up LOL.

View attachment 61513
I don't know about anyone else but in my book that right there is a "Keeper" !!!

Reactions: kstorrs

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Finnigan! I will check it out.

LL, He's my boy! Love the lil' dude. Might just get a fishing pole for his first birthday coming up in a few months :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts