Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us are heading out to the Gorge this sat. and sun. I called Buckbored Wed. and they said the bay froze over a few days ago, and the chanel has been frozen for only two days. I was hoping to get into some "mack attacks" buck I'm not venturing out on 3" of ice over 80' of water. :shock:

Anyone else heading out there? I will post what goes on when we get back. We will hit firehole first, and then see what else we can come up with.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Sounds like you have a fun trip planned! Let us know how you do the gorge is a place I do want to get out on to this winter. It is part of my JR ICEHOLE **** training program, I think it is step 6.

:evil: -()/>- -()/>- --\O -()/>-

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wont be there till next weekend . 3" ice sounds good to me . Cuts down on crowds . Good luck to you . You can hook a few eater macks up lake too . Just find a point or river channel .

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:cry: :cry: :cry: Guy's, Gal's. I hate to say this...but my so called "buddies" woosed out on me at the last second. You see, they are all married (I'm single/divorced :D :D :D ) And there wives said they were woried about them heading to Wyoming with a big storm coming in. :roll: "What the he!! hapend to the storm?" Anyway, I am sitting at the PC telling you all I am not fishing.....(Next weekend I hope) Instead, I am taking a fine lady to dinner, and some "snacks" after dinner. :twisted: :twisted:

Taxidermist :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
21,449 Posts
taxidermist said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Guy's, Gal's. I hate to say this...but my so called "buddies" woosed out on me at the last second......................................."What the he!! hapend to the storm?" Anyway, I am sitting at the PC telling you all I am not fishing.....(Next weekend I hope) Instead, I am taking a fine lady to dinner, and some "snacks" after dinner. :twisted: :twisted:

Taxidermist :mrgreen:
It worked out good for you. I would have hated to try to get to the Gorge today.

I80 around Evanston was closed a couple times today. Semi-trucks are still wearing chains on the Interstate! We have been shoveling, plowing and getting people un-stuck all day.

"Taking a fine lady to dinner" sounds like more fun than ice fishing anyway.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wyogood, I think that is why I'm divorced. (to many fishing trips) A great day fishing is better than a night at the resturant. IMO. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts