Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of line do you guys use in Uinta lakes? Floating line or Sinking line?

I know the water is very clear, and sometimes quite shallow in some of the lakes I fish. Let me know if you have any suggestions for line and flies to use.
Thanks,

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you are fishing from shore I would probably go floating. If you have a canoe/float tube I would go sinking. Wooly bugger slowly stripped on sinking line works great for me. But when the fish start rising it sucks to have sinking line so I bring both

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Fly/worm behind a water filled bubble, best of all worlds. Sinks when you want it to, floats when you want it to.

-DallanC

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use both as well. A lot depends on the lake and what fly and setup your going with. Usually I will use a floating line. The only lake I fish in the Uintah mtns that I consistently use a sinking line is Milk Lake due to how deep the water is.

·
Registered
854 Posts
As others have said Floating is a little more versatile b you can setup a deep nymphing rig with a bugger or other various nymphs to get almost as deep as sinking line. I usually don't do as well in the uintas with that setup but it works.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Another line that works great for shallower lakes is a slow sinking intermediate line. For water that's 1-10 feet it works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts