Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention all fly tiers or want to become a fly tier:

For all of you interested in a wonderful opportunity to learn how to tie flies or improve your fly tying skills, the following class is being offered to all levels:

Where: 400 N. 400 E. in Bountiful at the Grace Baptist Church.

When: Sign up on January 10 7:30 PM
Introduction Meeting and Agenda Review January 17.
First Tying Class – January 24. for 6 weeks.

Cost: $15.00 for all levels. + $15.00 to join the club

Instructors: Keith Forman – Beginning Class
Rulon Merrill – Intermediate (Stillwater Guru)
Mike Andreasen – Advance (Author of “Productive Stillwater Flies” volumes I, II)

Again, the cost of the class is $15.00 – however to join the club a membership fee is required (which will include the stake fry and a lot of other benefits) is another $15.00 and half for first time members ($7.50). I can tell you that if you were to pay $100.00 for this class it would be well worth the money.

Additional clarification:

The fist class is a lecture night that will explain the course agenda. The next two classes are tying – the next class is a lecture and the next two are tying and so forth for 6 weeks. The lectures are generally guest speakers that talk about specific water to fish, or perhaps different fly tiers demonstrating a specific fly pattern. This class is where I got my start and I have not regretted a day since. So… sign your butts up and take advantage of the fantastic opportunity!!

Tying materials will be provided for all levels. The beginning class will include all tying materials as well as tying tools and a vise.

For additional information please contact Rick Ellis at (801) 947-0715 or Mike Andreasen at (801) 292-4736.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have made some corrections to my first post - so I hope it helps answers any other questions.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HighNDry said:
Is this limited to just stillwater flies?
No, but most of the people that take this class are stillwater fly fisherman so that is where most of the focus is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts