Utah Wildlife Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Take a look at the soup bowl of air along the Wasatch front every winter, and then realize SLC is relatively small in terms of city sizes. Then tell me humans don’t impact the environment. People who want to pretend humans and carbon emissions aren’t impacting the planet have never once took a moment to look at studies on the issue, just like you couldn’t look at a short study on the exact conversation we’re having here above. Yes the climate can always be changing. That doesn’t negate the fact that we are having an impact.
Don't confuse "the valley" with the rest of the planet. Where I live the only haze is from the wildfires in Kali due to poor forest and undergrowth management.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
You're exaggerating what I'm saying. Humans can't control the elements, but they do have an impact on the environment and 99.9% of scientists AGREE climate change is happening and is in part caused by humans and carbon emissions. I'm sorry HDE, I will trust those studying the issues and who actually know what they're talking about and not you or the guy at the coffee shop down the street. Where scientists disagree is on the approaches to take to minimize the impacts we have, how much we can actually curve what has been done, and to what extent we are having an impact on the climate. It is you, who is ignoring the data.
You mean the 99.9% of the 45% in the climate change camp...

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Seems like a good summary is:

We need to work on agricultural use AND household water use (especially as it pertains to growth)

IBTL
I started this thread by saying I’m removing half our lawn this spring. I get people want to blame development for everything, and it’s an issue, but my lawn being cut in half is gonna save a lot less water than turning a field from flood irrigation to sprinkler.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Don't confuse "the valley" with the rest of the planet. Where I live the only haze is from the wildfires in Kali due to poor forest and undergrowth management.
Your missing the point, the point is in the valley you can see the pollution and just how much emissions people create. How many cities 5x the size of SLC exist?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you even read the drivel you write #1deer?
Typical liberal who can’t answer questions and then turns to personal attacks when the data doesn’t back up their claim. You have pissed backwards this entire thread. Thanks for playing.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
You mean the 99.9% of the 45% in the climate change camp...
No, that it’s happening and humans have an impact is not really a debate. Hell, even political talking heads like Ben Shapiro will admit climate change is real and humans are impacting it. Know why? Because of the mountains of data clearly showing it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Look I understand irrigation needs to keep becoming more efficient. But back when the entire state flood irrigated because sprinklers hadn’t been invented, guess how full the Great Salt Lake was??????? The climate has changed for sure. But if tearing out half a lawn makes you feel better go for it. This state needs more people like that who try and make a difference. But this thread has reinforced how little I trust anyone who wants to mess with water rights.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Do you even read the drivel you write #1deer?
Typical liberal who can’t answer questions and then turns to personal attacks when the data doesn’t back up their claim. You have pissed backwards this entire thread. Thanks for playing.
I read plenty of drivel on here no doubt. Personal attacks? You read your own posts correct?

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Look I understand irrigation needs to keep becoming more efficient. But back when the entire state flood irrigated because sprinklers hadn’t been invented, guess how full the Great Salt Lake was??????? The climate has changed for sure. But if tearing out half a lawn makes you feel better go for it. This state needs more people like that who try and make a difference. But this thread has reinforced how little I trust anyone who wants to mess with water rights.
Oh I have no doubt between Facebook articles and Fox News you don’t trust much of anything out there and everything’s a conspiracy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You still haven’t answered a single question. 😂😂😂
Your true colors are very evident. FYI- I don’t have a Facebook account as it’s useless. And I don’t have either satellite or cable so no Fox News here. Like a lot of other things here you were wrong again 😂😂😂

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
You still haven’t answered a single question. 😂😂😂
Your true colors are very evident. FYI- I don’t have a Facebook account as it’s useless. And I don’t have either satellite or cable so no Fox News here. Like a lot of other things here you were wrong again 😂😂😂
Cowboy, go take a nap. You haven’t asked questions, you’ve talked. I haven’t seen you post any studies, links, or verifiable data on your end. I’ve posted several things in regards to water use, snow pack, etc. just because you want to resist information isn’t on me. I haven’t done comprehensive studies on the issues. That’s why I’ll post what people who have, have found. Agriculture water use % is what it is in the state. Temperature changes are what they are. You want population growth to be the main cause of water shortages just because that’s how you see it as so. You have nothing but coffee shop talk to verify what you’re saying. The truth is data won’t change your mind, and neither will the answers that are out there because your mind is made up whether you are right or wrong.

·
Registered
148 Posts
#1deer I have asked you 19 questions pertaining to growth and the population of our state. The only one you haven’t side stepped is when I asked you if you read the drivel you post. Every other question has been ignored. You position has changed from cattle are drinking every drop of water in waterholes and draining swamps to alfalfa farms are the issue to the wasatch front has horrible air pollution!!! You have to be a lawyer or a politician as your vocation. Nothing you posted in these five pages of nonsense has proven population growth isn’t a significant problem in Utah. Nothing! You say my data is coffee shop talk? (Question #20 by the way) US census data, NOAA and NRCS data, beef sustainability data collected over 50 years by KSU and UofW is much more than coffee talk! You are just another narrow between the ears liberal who blames everyone but the actual problem. I’ll ask one last time- why did Utah lake and the GSL stay full when the state was almost totally based on agriculture using archaic and inefficient flood irrigation from statehood until the 1950’s?
The data shows we have the same precipitation. The data shows we now have less farm land. The data shows we are exponentially more efficient with agricultural water use. But I’m sure its not doubling the population that is causing a significant impact to water quantity and quality. It must be solar flares or a disruption of ocean currents caused by deforestation. 😁

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
#1deer I have asked you 19 questions pertaining to growth and the population of our state. The only one you haven’t side stepped is when I asked you if you read the drivel you post. Every other question has been ignored. You position has changed from cattle are drinking every drop of water in waterholes and draining swamps to alfalfa farms are the issue to the wasatch front has horrible air pollution!!! You have to be a lawyer or a politician as your vocation. Nothing you posted in these five pages of nonsense has proven population growth isn’t a significant problem in Utah. Nothing! You say my data is coffee shop talk? (Question #20 by the way) US census data, NOAA and NRCS data, beef sustainability data collected over 50 years by KSU and UofW is much more than coffee talk! You are just another narrow between the ears liberal who blames everyone but the actual problem. I’ll ask one last time- why did Utah lake and the GSL stay full when the state was almost totally based on agriculture using archaic and inefficient flood irrigation from statehood until the 1950’s?
The data shows we have the same precipitation. The data shows we now have less farm land. The data shows we are exponentially more efficient with agricultural water use. But I’m sure its not doubling the population that is causing a significant impact to water quantity and quality. It must be solar flares or a disruption of ocean currents caused by deforestation. 😁
I did answer that question, you just didn't take a moment to look at the in depth study I posted on the very thing you're talking about. Here's a saying you'll probably get. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
81 - 97 of 97 Posts