Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do all you foot soldiers do when it locks up? I've been out a couple times since it froze over and all I've been able to do is pass shoot and haven't done very well. Any general tips? Thinking about heading out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I usually hike out to the GSL and hunt shovelers along the edge. It's a bit of a walk these days, but there are some decent access points not far from where you live.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would love to be able to get in the GSL. I've been once when I first started duck hunting but at that time I was young and didnt pay attention to location/hos to get to the access point. I don't mind a fully plumaged big billed ba$tard!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clarq, do you jumpshoot? Do you know any well used accent point to the GSL? (Trying to not ask you for any secret spots or anything ;) )

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Clarq, do you jumpshoot? Do you know any well used accent point to the GSL? (Trying to not ask you for any secret spots or anything ;) )

No, there's no cover out there, so you probably won't have any luck sneaking up on anything. You'll need decoys. More is always better, and I would also highly recommend a mojo. Walking is also MUCH easier if the ground is frozen, so for this weekend you may want to pass.

Most guys park near Saltair or somewhere along that frontage road and head west. Just don't hunt too close to the GSL marina (pay close attention to the signs), or you'll have a ticket in short order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts