Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what everyone's thoughts are which one gets the job done better? been a walker so far and got swarmed by the mosquitoes out at H.C. how were those bugs out on the water in a boat? which is easier to hunt out of too?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
very broad question. I will answer the mosquito part, it makes no difference once you roll up in the phrag. lather up the spray! and reapply!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The bugs go down your throat much faster in a boat. Weather that is good, bad, or indifferent is up to the person.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
There is no difference in the amount of bugs if you are boating or walking, they are everywhere. I boat, walk and bike, just whatever it takes to shoot birds. Sometimes I do all 3 in the same day. You can hunt out of a boat or a canoe, a boat is more stable to stand in though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I boat I have found some killer spot to hunt but it took many years and a hole lot of luck .I love breaking ice and making my own open water for miles around it can get crazy sometimes .I cant count how many times I have had ducks try to land while setting up decoys sitting in my boat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can walk places that boats can't get to and you can boat places you can't walk to. Just do what ever floats your boat (pun intended) and suits your hunting style the best

·
Registered
10 Posts
Currently I have no boat so I hunt on the ground. Which gets me to my point; What area should I apply for as a new elk hunter ? 44 magnum pistol and a rifle will keep me busy. I shoot deer at 100 yards but like to get close as possible. I am not after a rack so a cow is fine for me ! Can you Please offer me some advice ?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hans best to ask this question in the big game section. You're in the waterfowl section.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hans You should use a boat for that elk would make it easy to pack out, heck you could just leave in there tell you take him the the butcher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts