Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what everyone's thoughts are which one gets the job done better? been a walker so far and got swarmed by the mosquitoes out at H.C. how were those bugs out on the water in a boat? which is easier to hunt out of too?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
very broad question. I will answer the mosquito part, it makes no difference once you roll up in the phrag. lather up the spray! and reapply!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
There is no difference in the amount of bugs if you are boating or walking, they are everywhere. I boat, walk and bike, just whatever it takes to shoot birds. Sometimes I do all 3 in the same day. You can hunt out of a boat or a canoe, a boat is more stable to stand in though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I boat I have found some killer spot to hunt but it took many years and a hole lot of luck .I love breaking ice and making my own open water for miles around it can get crazy sometimes .I cant count how many times I have had ducks try to land while setting up decoys sitting in my boat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Currently I have no boat so I hunt on the ground. Which gets me to my point; What area should I apply for as a new elk hunter ? 44 magnum pistol and a rifle will keep me busy. I shoot deer at 100 yards but like to get close as possible. I am not after a rack so a cow is fine for me ! Can you Please offer me some advice ?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hans best to ask this question in the big game section. You're in the waterfowl section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.