Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad went riding his horse up Wash Canyon just below Nebo looking for elk since he has a late season elk tag. The Forest Service put a fence with a gate so that no one can get up there. Its not Private property, but its all wilderness area so my Dad called the Forest Service and just started a hornets nest with them.

Why is the Forest Service blocking access to wilderness areas by horse back?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Don't even get me started with the Forest Circus!

They have developed a new plan and that is close everything off. They will wait for someone to sue them and watch the person falter as they put them through all of the red tape bull crap and watch the guys money recources depleit until he is broke and can fight them no more. The crazy thing is they fight us with our own hard worked for money. They call it thier land. It is OUR land and we want it back!

The district ranger job should be an office that is run for and we can vote the right guy in. There is way too much granola going on in that office.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well My dad is a State Delegate so he knows a lot of people he can talk to about the problem. They shouldnt be blocking access to wilderness areas. There should have a space wide enough for a horse to get through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts