Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
It's called "Stud Mud" on the teenagers trucks. They find the big mudpuddle then drive as fast as they can. Funny when their distributor got moisture in it and the truck stopped running. Most of them didn't know what happened and they'd have to call Dad. When Dad showed up, all hell broke loose. LOL :LOL:

Gee's....I just dated myself talking about the old school vehicle electrical system.:cautious:

·
Administrator
10,907 Posts
It was always fun in the days before gates to see who was stuck the furthest into a snow drift and had to walk out and find help. I pulled my share of friends off of drifts in the middle of the night after waiting for the muddy road to freeze so that I didn't tear up my truck.

The only time that I got stuck with someone was up Santaquin Canyon. My buddy hit that drift as fast as he could to get across it and managed to almost make it before all 4 tires spun out. All we had to dig in that snow were a couple of gold panning pans. That was a long cold night until we got to a point that the front tires hit the dirt and we could pull out of that drift.

Naturally I never did get stuck myself.:whistle:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Forest service website says the road I need will be open May 15, today. May 15th is a month or more later than usual. Got all geared up today and headed up to do some looking around and……the gate is still locked. Love government work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I tried calling the Forest Circus for my bear hunt. I called the office closest to my area around 10 times and it rang and rang with no prompts, answers or answering machine. I then phoned the next location several times to only receive a machine and left messages that have still not been returned for a month now. I then called the main offices in South Jordan and couldn't get through to a real person there and left a message explaining that I have not been able to reach any of the sub offices and NEED to speak to a representative about the 14 day camping limit. The South Jordan office has not called me back either for several weeks.

No wonder their catch phrase is "Department of Aggrivation"!

By the way, I am usually more respectful of Government offices but I have a long history with the Forest Circus and they are not the kind of people that I want to be friends with. I only speak with them when there are no other options. I have also found that there are a few good employees but they are from other states so far. I'll stop for now so I can get my blood to cool down.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts