Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here she is. I told a brief story about this bear in the other recent bear thread on this forum. Long story short, I had 2 bears on cameras for 2 weeks. Both were decent boars. One cinnamon and one a dark chocolate. I decided I needed to finish my hunt with whichever of these two that came in next. (Knee trouble was limiting my trips). It was getting close to dark and this bear came in. Same color as the choc cinnamon boar from earlier in the day. Shot the bear and found it was a sow. I was so mad at myself and also worried about getting out in the dark that I skinned it up and packed everything out without even taking pictures. She didn’t have cubs and is a decent bear but I’m still not feeling too happy about the whole situation. Time will heal my shame;)

Carnivore Terrestrial plant Natural landscape Terrestrial animal Forest

·
Registered
170 Posts
Taxidermist has a fall hunt so he needs it worse than I but if you have any left, I would take all that I could get.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ok, here she is. I told a brief story about this bear in the other recent bear thread on this forum. Long story short, I had 2 bears on cameras for 2 weeks. Both were decent boars. One cinnamon and one a dark chocolate. I decided I needed to finish my hunt with whichever of these two that came in next. (Knee trouble was limiting my trips). It was getting close to dark and this bear came in. Same color as the choc cinnamon boar from earlier in the day. Shot the bear and found it was a sow. I was so mad at myself and also worried about getting out in the dark that I skinned it up and packed everything out without even taking pictures. She didn’t have cubs and is a decent bear but I’m still not feeling too happy about the whole situation. Time will heal my shame;)

View attachment 152341
You should feel ZERO shame, do you know how many of our dwindling deer herd you just saved?
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Stipey, Thank You for the candies!

When you said you had some candy....HOLY COW, you weren't kidding. I'm still trying to put it in barrels. I rigged up a rain gutter that leads to the barrel, then scoop up some candy and let it slide into the barrel.

Thanks so very much!! (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts