Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife daughter 7 son 4 and I went out opening day and it was a good day. The morning was hard with the kids they were pretty load and because of that we didn't see anything. But what can you expect when you wake them up at 4am. We all took a nap and headed out for the evening and had two 2 point bucks come in. My wifes 1st deer hunt and as she was releasing the buck started running so she missed but she was still excited to have the chance. 10more min went by and this 300+ inch 6x6 bull came in and it was awesome he ended up 8 yards from us and everyone was frozen. After he left my son said Dad that was awesome!!! Only thing that could have been better is if I would have drawn the LE Archery tag this yr. good experience with the fam that none of us will ever forget. Its what I love about hunting. Elk_2015-08-15-18-38-10.png

Elk_2015-08-15-19-39-40.png

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Wow, being that close to a nice bull would certainly get your blood pumping!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
That's super cool! Good job getting your whole family out with you even though it may have diminished opportunity. Good luck on the rest of the hunt; hope your wife gets a good one!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
That bull is 400" if he's an inch. Just sayin'.
Are you blind? those shriveled testes will be lucky to go 40mm! You wouldn't last a day in the field with professionals, you'd be eaten alive.

to the OP, congrats on a great memory! My 2 year old daughter is so excited to go hunting with me and Popop and we'd be lucky indeed to have that type of experience.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's awesome. I just lost my hunting buddy because my family is coming with me next weekend!? I don't get it. Kinda irritating. Anyways that's really cool glad you got pics of the event

1 - 12 of 12 Posts