Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
You ain't wrong about that 28 guage. I own a CZ Ringneck SxS in 28guage. My favorite gun to shoot and carry for upland game, ever! Perfect for ruffies, swings so fast and smooth for the tight fast shots in the timber. Totally smashes roosters, nothing better for quail and huns. Wont carry it in the Chukar hills, need a composite gun or lower price pointed wood stock for that kind of abuse. For me, it's also been less than ideal when hunting sharpies, I prefer my 12 guage for that.

Congrats on a successful and awesome looking adventure.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Let’s just say that after the nasty brambles I took that Beretta through that the stock is now ‘broken in’ with 3 scratches I am trying to oil out.
The first hunt I took my CZ 28 on was a White tailed Ptarmigan hunt in the high Uintah's. Should a been fine but it actually fell out of my pack at the worst possible time(when crossing a rockpile bridge) dinged the rib, barrel and stock. Was pretty upset.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The only reason I leave my 28 at home on the Chukar hunt is it's got an attractive Wooden stock. I beat my guns up hunting Chukar. I have no doubt the guage would be all I'd need and more. I've always wanted to hunt Chukar with a 16 or 28 guage but would want a composite stock or less attractive wooden stock. The CZ isnt a top dollar gun but it's $1100.00 gun with nice looking wood finish that I want to keep that way. I learned a hard lesson taking it Ptarmigan hunting that I'll have a hard time wanting to repeat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts