Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a hunter myself but love to eat game meat when I get the chance. I was just wondering if anyone knows a place the sells the meat or if anyone is welling to sell the meat directly to me. Any feedback would be awesome and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Im pretty sure it is illegal to sell actual game meat, unless it was a farm raised animal. There are a few supermarkets around and butcher shops that have meat available, But its hard to come by & it doesnt really taste that authentic. Best option is to get into hunting :D

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
I believe STEVO is correct on this, so do you work for the Feds , State or FDA or ............ :lol: :lol: You may want to try one of those small butcher shops around to see if they sell some of the left overs when they put their thumb on the scale when they weighed in that big Muley or Elk. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Check in with some of your buddies that hunt. Some guys like to hunt but don't necessarily care for the meat and might be willing to share.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
STEVO said:
Im pretty sure it is illegal to sell actual game meat, unless it was a farm raised animal. There are a few supermarkets around and butcher shops that have meat available, But its hard to come by & it doesnt really taste that authentic. Best option is to get into hunting :D
Sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Big Ben in Roy sells buffalo burgers, Maddox Range House in Perry has buffalo steak on the menu and also Antelope Island has a buffalo burger when the bistro is open. Lee's Mongolian BBQ in Ogden used to have some game like elk on their menu, but I haven't seen it advertised for a while so they may have pulled it.

I went to an LDS ward dinner once that featured homemade chili. I wasn't aware that the meat in the chili was jackrabbit until after I had eaten it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts