Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to go out on the last weekend with my son Dakota and my dad. They were both able to fill their tags. My dad has not hunted deer in about 25 years, it was awesome to be hunting with him again. Dakota made a great shot on a little 2 point at about 300 yards and dropped it in its tracks. My dad got his buck the next day, he said he wanted 3 point or better but with the season coming to an end he couldn't pass up the 2 point at 75 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I love seeing these posts. I am jealous you were able to get your dad and son on some deer. I had my dad on a spike at 88 yards and he missed and then I had him on a 3x4 at 199 yards and he missed. We then found out that his scope was off. After switching guns I had a 4x4 at 256 yards and a 75 yr old man fired from behind us and shot it in the front leg never to find it again. We would have loved to have gotten a 2pt....

·
Registered
800 Posts
Very cool to hunt with your dad and son! I hope my dad still has the desire to hunt when he gets a little older... Congrats on the success!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts