Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Opening day was great on the North Slope. It had snowed the night before and I was up early Saturday Morning. Hiked in about two miles and sat a clearing that usually produces elk. I had been practicing my cow calling all year and was ready to go. I sat back in the trees and cow called. No answer. We sat there for about an hour and I continued calling. Sure enough, after about 30 more minutes in came two cows and their calfs. It was a great sight to see. We sat and watched them for a while thinking that there would be some more elk. Sure enought about 10 minutes after the cows/calfs left in came a spike(2X1). He was very tempting to take but it was just the first morning and I didn't really want to shoot a spike in an any bull area(just personal preference). Anyway. After he left we saw some more elk(cows) later on in the day. Didn't hunt sunday, just listened to conference in the trailer. Monday morning was a great day as well. Didn't see as many elk as we had the first day, but they were there. You could see their tracks all over the place. It was a beautiful day, and a great day to be out in the uintas. Didn't take a bull, but had a great hunt so far. It was fun. Saw a nice 5 by 5 and a nice 6 by 6 shot as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts