Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
7,917 Posts
Bwahahahaha!

Im finding more and more places that have .22 ammo for semi-reasonable prices. I guess this feller hasn't been keeping his eye out for ammo.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
I have been finding 22 ammo around lately. Not all stores have it in stock, but if a guy really needs some it can be found.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
But what you all failed to see this is older ammo and has a higher silver content. For use on the zombie apocalypse. Or is it vampires. I forget.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Ok here is the list as requested.

Zombies - any ammo will do. Stupid flesh eating zombies have no special requirements

Vampires - Ultraviolet Bullets - They are hollow bullets filled with a special irradiated fluid that emits ultraviolet light. (See Underworld movie)

Werewolves - Silver bullets

·
Super Moderator
9,624 Posts
Ok here is the list as requested.

Zombies - any ammo will do. Stupid flesh eating zombies have no special requirements

Vampires - Ultraviolet Bullets - They are hollow bullets filled with a special irradiated fluid that emits ultraviolet light. (See Underworld movie)

Werewolves - Silver bullets
Don't forget the wooden bullets with a cross in it for the vampires.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wooden arrows thru the heart for vamps........Better than being close enough to drive a stake thru the heart......Think a muzzy would work on a cedar arrow?

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cedar does fire out of a .410 shotgun ok... :mrgreen:

-DallanC
What powder do you use and how many grains for those .410 vampire shells with the cedar shaft? ;-)

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
2-3/4 #6 shotshell, cut the end off and dump shot, insert arrow... BOOM. They go a *really* long ways. Kindof like the first time I saw someone fire a bowling ball cannon... hoooollllyyyyeeeeeee crrapppp!!!

-DallanC

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Good call!! I stand corrected. I should have known better my 15 year daughter is an avid watcher of the walked dead. Revised statement: Any ammo will do as long as your hit them in the head. Otherwise you are zombie food. :)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
He's only about 2 years late with that price. ;-)
Or 1 year early. I'm sure we'll all go through ammo shortages again after the panic buying when Hillary wins the White House.

Thanks all, for the educational thread. I now feel prepared for the zombie apocalypse. I do have to ask though. What is the ballistic coefficient for wood? How much does it alter if you are shooting a hard wood like cherry or walnut vs a soft wood like pine? I hear wood has the BC of a turd? Also, do zombies require fancy premium bullets to neutralize them or can I just use my Remington core lokts?

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
Thanks all, for the educational thread. I now feel prepared for the zombie apocalypse. I do have to ask though. What is the ballistic coefficient for wood? How much does it alter if you are shooting a hard wood like cherry or walnut vs a soft wood like pine? I hear wood has the BC of a turd? Also, do zombies require fancy premium bullets to neutralize them or can I just use my Remington core lokts?
I know you posted that in jest... but actually in WWII Both Germany and Japan fired wooden bullets at various times.

-DallanC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts