Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to do my shopping for the upcoming elk/deer hunts. I bought my gun and scope, but I don't want to use them until the hunt. The combo was sighted in at the factory so I'm good to go. It's a .270 and I wanted the best ammo so I bought the .270 WSM because I heard it was really good. I also bought a camo pattern hunter orange vest. My truck is ready. I put some gun rests in the back for my friends so we can get quick shots at the deer this year. Now that I think about it, I might shoot the gun a couple of times when we get to camp just to make sure it works. I hope to see you guys up in the hills. If I see you opening morning, I will make sure to say hi and hang out with you for the morning. I have found that it is best if you find a hunter and go just about fifty yards away from them. Don't tell anyone, but I like to take my atv on the trails that are closed to atv's. It's awesome to pass the guys hiking up the hill.

Sincerely,

That dumb guy that you dread running into every year.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It seems you should fit right in with the rest of them. :lol: good luck :wink:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Sounds like you're prepared in every way possible. Good luck to ya! I wouldn't waste any of that premium ammo though, if they bore sighted it for you, you should be good to go. If you're shooting long range (400-600 yards), just hold a little high and into the wind, that gun will gettem there.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
When you see me across the draw make sure you look at me through your scope just to make sure it is me. Oh, and then after looking for a couple of minutes to make sure it is me go ahead and yell hi as loud as you can then that way you might spook a buck out also!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always make sure to look at the hunters through my scope. Who needs binoculars? Sometimes I bring 2 guns and look through both scopes so it looks like binoculars. That way the hunters I look at don't get so nervous.
I will make sure to shout over to you. I might bring my buddies in the truck over. If we have an extra seat in the back you can hop in. We will be driving over the mountain range, cutting our own paths to the hunting spots. Maybe we could drop you off by another hunter. Remember, I will be the one in the camo-hunter orange outfit.

-that annoying guy you run into every year

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just make sure that when you go up you spend the entire night before getting so drunk that you aren't able to tell a mule deer from an elk. If anything starts moving it has to be the animal you have a tag for, so just go ahead and pull the trigger. :roll: I just can't believe the number of morons out there with guns running arround in the mountains. :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad you mentioned dogs. My dog is awesome. He likes to bark all day and all night long in our camp. Sometimes I like to let him roam around. He goes to the other camps and barks at the hunters. I don't mind and I think they must like it because they wave their arms and yell over to me. They must be glad I brought him with me.

-the annoying guy that you run into every year

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
I will be up there driving around with my country musci playing loud with the windows down and my buddys in the back yelling at each other to talk over the radio. O yea throwing my beer cans on the side of the road. :D Good luck guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts