Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time this afternoon and headed up to Jordanelle to exercise some smallies. To my considerable dismay, I found my hotspot from a couple of weeks ago was high and dry. It's going fast folks. :( Anyway, launched in the mud and still had an enjoyable day. The fish were a bit more spread out, (surprisingly) but still enjoyed fast action. Most were the standard fare, but a few bigger ones paid a visit. It was a good day. Not sure I will be able to go back with the water situation, but we'll see. A few smallies and perch were invited home for fish tacos.

We haven't had any smallie pics on here in a while.

IMG_4383.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

I enjoyed the day with a friend or two.

IMG_4391.JPG

I wonder how much more of the old highway remains for people to launch small watercraft from and get mud all over?

IMG_4382.JPG

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and report. Those are some decent smallmouth.

I haven't fished Jordanelle this time of year for a very long time. I used to go up there quite a bit in it's early years and launch off the old highway.

Did they make the Provo arm a wakeless area?

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, Rock Cliffs (Provo River arm) has been wakeless for a very long time. Unfortunately, the wakeless buoys are getting closer and closer to the launch area by the minute.

Addendum; Only part of the Provo river arm is wakeless as demarcated by the aforementioned wakeless buoys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts