Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to finish proofing some data on my loads and would like to use my own steel for shooting at longer ranges. I've heard of people shooting around west utah lake but don't know the distances or even if it's still available after the fires. ideally anything 600-1000 yards would be good and north or south facing would be great. so far, i've been at pmaa or up in the national forest but would like a more controlled environment. any ideas? i'm from salt lake and in the kamas area frequently. thanks in advance

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I need to finish proofing some data on my loads and would like to use my own steel for shooting at longer ranges. I've heard of people shooting around west utah lake but don't know the distances or even if it's still available after the fires. ideally anything 600-1000 yards would be good and north or south facing would be great. so far, i've been at pmaa or up in the national forest but would like a more controlled environment. any ideas? i'm from salt lake and in the kamas area frequently. thanks in advance
You can shoot at Israel Canyon on the west side of Utah lake but you would have to set up a range there for that distance. Most people there shoot less than 200 yards but there is plenty of area....PM me if you need directions to check it out. There used to be a lot of shooters out there but not so much anymore. It's more rare for me to hear gunshots than not. It's like 3 minutes from my front door to the shooting areas.

Reactions: APD
1 - 2 of 2 Posts