Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Man o man! I wish I could find my birds again! They disappeared a couple weeks ago and now are even more gone with all the spring break campers everywhere! So my dad and I are hitting a different place cold and blind in the morning, it'll be fun no matter what!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Man o man! I wish I could find my birds again! They disappeared a couple weeks ago and now are even more gone with all the spring break campers everywhere! So my dad and I are hitting a different place cold and blind in the morning, it'll be fun no matter what!
You've got this!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good luck to everyone that has the LE tags. I still don't understand why Utah has LE hunts for Turkeys. Open the season in April and just have a general season OTC hunt for hell sakes.:-?
For all the $10 entry fees that get paid and don't draw... then the guys that don't draw the LE tag still go spend their money on a general tag.
$ GAME

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Well, plan b almost worked this morning! Had two gobblers talking, one almost came all the way in until a hen up the canyon out sweet talked me! After a nice lunch, getting ready to head back out for the evening. Hope everybody else had a great morning!

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
I can't believe it, here it is already 2:16 pm and we don't have any dead bird pictures yet?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Sorry folks! We should have had a double this evening but we both had turkey fever and missed on a pair of toms that were 15 feet away... In a group of 8 toms! So yeah...:shock: we put them to bed and my dad is going back in the morning... If only I didn't have to teach Sunday school...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I ll post the pics as soon as I get them from my son my 9 year old grandson got his first bird tonight it was only a jake but you would have thought it was a long beard what with all the hollering that was going on and it was a blast to call the bird in for him

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
I can't believe it, here it is already 2:16 pm and we don't have any dead bird pictures yet?
I hope I don't regret not pulling the trigger Saturday morning! My wife is an ER nurse and got called in Saturday morning at 4:00 AM meaning my 3 year old would be tagging along. Not too big of a problem, just unexpected. We got set up and busted out the slate call and about 5 minutes after we had 6 jakes and 2 hens in the decoys. My poor decoys took an absolute beating. The hen got mounted a few times and the jake decoy got his head pecked for a solid 5 minutes. We watched them for about 10 minutes at 15 yards but I hated to shoot such a small bird the first morning of the hunt. Had plenty of chances though.

The big tom we were after came strutting by during all the commotion at about 30 yards but his hens wouldn't ever leave his side. I think if I'd have shot him their would have been more than 1 dead bird. He just kept on his way and didn't really spook so I'm hoping for another chance a morning this week. That was my first ever attempt at turkey hunting so I was pretty pleased! This was in the northern area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts