Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In spite of what one may read on the interweb, Jordanelle has still been producing some decent bass fishing. While a majority are smaller, we have still been catching a few decent ones to remind us of the old days. (from yesterday)

A few perch are also showing up. If so inclined, don't feel guilty about harvesting a few of the very abundant small bass and perch for a fish fry. It will help the remaining bass grow a bit better. With the somewhat steady water levels this year and all the weedy overgrowth that is flooded now, and hopefully will flood in future years with sufficient moisture, I think the near future could be decent there. The fish currently seem as plump as I've seen them in a couple years.

·
Administrator
21,297 Posts
call a taxidermist

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't go tell bassrods on BFT, no one is supposed to keep fish from Jordanelle except him!
Sadly, this is true.

As for taxidermy, I do have pics of my personal best smallie from there that I've considered having a replica mount done on. Alas, the fish was caught 9 years ago. Maybe someday. The bass in the pic, while nice, wouldn't have made the top 5 on many trips 5+ years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts