Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one pic to get you all in the mood. No I didn't take it. It is my favorite mallard pic I have ever seen.[attachment=0:29qikjmm]cuppedmallard.jpg[/attachment:29qikjmm]

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Here's one just to get Clark in the mood..... LOL. Pulled this from the Fuge. The Cali forum there is running a Spoonie eradication program (just for grins) and I volunteered to help with the Utah chapter. :lol: This however, is not Spoonies.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Here's one that I took this spring. I thought it was nice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
here's one for ya..didn't take it myself but thought it was purdy!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
ChaserOfAllBirds said:
I'm new to waterfowl hunting, so were those black birds coots?
You got it!! RR77 likes to put the smack down on coots sometimes.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Hey man... nothing like a little coot stirfry... and they are certainly fun to stalk through the weeds.... keeps your sneakyness up to the right levels. :lol: I do like waiting for them to get closer and closer before putting the smack down. I even offered to take Clark on a coot expedition on Utah Lake but never heard back. Oh well..... 8) Here's some other ducks I posted on Bullocks too... not my pictures but ones I've saved in my picture file over the last couple years from different internet sites.

Wigeons

Spoonies (my new favorite... move on over coots)

Pinner

Greenwing Teal headshot.... I'd take a day full of teal anytime, over anything else.

And the token Greenhead park duck shot. :lol:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
ChaserOfAllBirds said:
I'm new to waterfowl hunting, so were those black birds coots?
Sorry... the other guys answered your question. Yes, they are coots, numerous on pretty much every body of open water here in Utah. :lol: I actually started out "duck hunting" by chasing coots, teal, Mallards and whatever else I could stalk through the shoreline weeds on Utah Lake. I killed a mess o coots in my short six years hunting. I actually learned they are quite tasty too... don't expect too much but if you take the breast meat and the leg meat and slice it up, roll it in some spicy shake and bake and then panfry in a little oil till browned, they make dang good nuggets. Whatever you do, when pulling off wings and legs, try not to rip one open.... thats worse than getting a faceful of runny diaper. Yeeechhhh!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Riverrat77 said:
Whatever you do, when pulling off wings and legs, try not to rip one open.... thats worse than getting a faceful of runny diaper. Yeeechhhh!!!
_/O _/O

1 - 12 of 12 Posts