Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Bought my little 28 gauge peashooter just a month or so ago but used it on birds first time today.
Missed two clean, winged one that sailed across road/could not retrieve, and lost one in some grasses.
Absolute riot!
And you didn't invite me and my Beretta 686 SP1 28 GA along? Shane, I'm heartbroken. :cry:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stimmy,
Beretta 686, 28”bbls.
I wanted 30 inchers but Beretta replied it could take an indefinite time to deliver where the 28’s were available immediately.
I am happy with the 28’s.

Bob,
Sorry man, I am down at the sand dunes and just made a quick trip yesterday morning in to Delta to find some birds.
Next time!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Stimmy,
Beretta 686, 28”bbls.
I wanted 30 inchers but Beretta replied it could take an indefinite time to deliver where the 28’s were available immediately.
You mean like this one? Yeah, me too. 😉

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Stimmy,
Beretta 686, 28”bbls.

Bob,
Sorry man, I am down at the sand dunes and just made a quick trip yesterday morning in to Delta to find some birds.
Next time!
Hard to beat the 686 series. Actually, impossible given the truncated cone lockup. The receivers are so trim compared to those using an underlug.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jon,
I’ve only put about 75 rounds through it but every shot has been a pleasure.
I can tell it is going to be a tough transition period for me on wild roosters though, as you know they only give you a split second and taking off the Beretta safety is not quite as ‘etched’ in to my reflexes yet as well as my M1.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I have a couple of 28s. I was going through my photos on my laptop, cleaning out stuff to free up space, and came upon a couple. I prefer the old SP II receiver, which has bolder "engraving". Unfortunately, it's discontinued. This is EELL wood, too, which is fancy:
IMG_1238 1.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts