Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been seeing geese out in herriman for some time now. I just pulled up and there's someone hunting with decoys just west of herriman high school.
Here comes a flock of geese and Whamo!!! The guy dumps one, then proceeds to chase it down and ground pound it.
I was just sitting there kinda laughing and shaking my head at the same time... This dude has got some balls.
Wouldn't we all like to hunt in SL County...

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Well I've been seeing geese out in herriman for some time now. I just pulled up and there's someone hunting with decoys just west of herriman high school.
Here comes a flock of geese and Whamo!!! The guy dumps one, then proceeds to chase it down and ground pound it.
I was just sitting there kinda laughing and shaking my head at the same time... This dude has got some balls.
Ya! I've got a canal that runs north of my house and almost any day there are geese waiting for bread crumbs. In West Valley, where as a boy I hunted al the time, oh well such is life.-O,-

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Check for city limit laws. When I was 13, we got the okay from local law enforcement to shoot geese off of 2 golf courses in Weber County, as long as we had permission. The course owners were more than happy to let us on and kill them birds that were destroying their green. Can't do it now though. Too many subdivisions.

We also have a few dove and pheasant hunters in the field behind our local elementary school. Everybody knows, nobody cares. I'm not sure how Herriman High is situated. If it's legal, I wouldn't think of it as a big deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is my understanding that the farmland west of the high school is part of Unincorporated Salt Lake County, so the owners don't have to deal with the Herriman City Laws and Ordinances. The property is large enough that the owners can hunt it safely and legally. I heard that they even hunt deer with muzzleloaders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts