Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shot in the arm while on a rifle hunt in Colorado. I am going to get back into Archery hunting again, assuming I can pull back a bow. I drew the San Juan/Abajo unit. Is it any good down there. Is there a lot of private property?

If you are interested in reading the story about me being shot you can visit my blog. www.huntingmusthaves.com

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I remember reading about this....I'm glad to see you'll be back out hunting again..did they ever find the guy?

·
Administrator
21,520 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
So what else do you know from the perspective of the hunter who shot you? Was the doe close to you? How did you get his information?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ambidextrous,

I am happy to see you on here and hearing that you are recovering still. Scary moments and a long recovery for sure.

You are a good guy and I appreciate your sharing of your story. Have you recovered well enough to play bball again too? I remember you could hoop it up pretty good back in our younger days.

Firehawk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Glad to hear you have recovered, at least for the most part.
Just so you know, if you are not physically able to draw or shoot a bow because of your injury, you can get a waiver from a doctor to use a crossbow during the archery season. Might be expensive to get a good crossbow, but at least you would still be able to participate in the archery hunt.

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried pulling a recurve back about 6 weeks ago. NO pain or anything but the next day I had a weird sensation in my pinky most of the day. I think I probably broke some scar tissue loose. Need to start getting serious about shooting so I am ready.

My bone transplant is approx 80-90% healed after 19 months. I can do most of what I used to but I am still careful. I don't have the padding on my arm i used to.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
No shame in a crossbow either Ambi. You may want to go ahead and get the waiver ahead of time so you have it. Who knows where the laws go down the road and if you end up having something that makes drawing a bow difficult. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: bowhunt3r4l1f3

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I also heard about this from a friend that was hunting the general area just after your incident happened. Glad to hear you're doing alright considering what could have happened. Ill pass the info about your blog on to him.

... VERY anxious to hear the shooters explanation of taking such a shot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts