Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
HUGE shout out to Packout for a outstanding job on this goat, it turned out far beyond any expectations and looks fantastic up close. Absolutely thrilled with it as is my wife (she cant stop petting it as she walks past LMAO).

I really love Mt Goat mounts and feel they really deserve full body treatment and luckily the stars were in alignment for us to be able to have it done. Now that it's completed, I definitely feel we made the right choice. Hey its "once in a lifetime" right?

Anywho some picts:

Seriously, a huge "Thank you" to Packout for doing this. To anyone else considering taxidermy I really think you should give him a call or visit his website (www.sagebasin.com). Its well worth your time.

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Super sweet mount right there..:!:..

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
WOW!!! That is outstanding! Very nicely done!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
On a side note Dallan my wife couldn't believe that the little gal she met got such a nice goat!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks all. Mt Goats are supposed to be related to pronghorn, but it tastes closer to venison. I would say a milder deer taste, very good just dont overcook it.

The 'bou is actually my wifes and is from the Mulchatna Drainage in Alaska. Stupid neighbors who visit always say "Where'd you get the elk??" I got tired of explaining it and now just say "American Fork canyon" Heheh. The deer was my '05 books buck. Too many mounts...! I said in a earlier thread about getting a wife that hunts that it ends up costing you 2x for everything... lol

-DallanC

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Nice mount Dallin (and Packout)! Wish I'd started putting in for mtn. goat 14 years ago instead of Rockies.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Great looking mount DC! Glad to hear they are edible too. I was worried that they would taste like lichen or something. I'm high enough in the point pool that I will get to hunt these someday......maybe. Great job on the taxidermy Pack, kinda like all your other mounts that I have seen.-------SS

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Thanks for the kind words and congrats again to you guys on a successful family hunt.

Mountain goats taste great-- a little tough at times, but excellent flavor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts