Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that you have to buy a hunting licence this next year do you think the draws will change much? The rifle hunts may change but muzzy and archery should stay the same. What do you think now the serious hunter are going to be in the draw, will the odds change?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think we will see a significant change in the rifle draws, but I think you may be right about the bow or muzzy. I hope we are wrong and my two points are good for my Wasatch archery. One thing to consider too, next year will be the first year it is implemented so many will fail to fill out their apps correctly or boycott the draw because of the Combo requirement and increased fee.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Remember, there will be 11 (turning 12 before the hunt) to 13 year olds putting in for hunts now that wouldn't be under older rules. They will more than make up for grandmas that quit putting in. I know my granddaughter will be putting in as soon as she is able to in a couple years, and her grandma will still be putting in. My gandson will also be putting in for two years before he turns 14 so in my limited case, add 2 take away 0 equals 2 more than previous.

Drawing odds are not going to improve.

·
Registered
580 Posts
to be honest i think the only way you will ever see a significant reduction in applications is if the dwr would require you to put the money up front when you apply for the permits as they do in wyoming and other state and i do not see that happening any time soon as most folks are against it but it would reduce the amount of applicants at least thats my oppinion.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
mack1950 said:
to be honest i think the only way you will ever see a significant reduction in applications is if the dwr would require you to put the money up front when you apply for the permits as they do in wyoming and other state and i do not see that happening any time soon as most folks are against it but it would reduce the amount of applicants at least thats my oppinion.
+ 1

·
Registered
421 Posts
Forget the draws. By over the counter tags and hunt open bull units. Anyone can kill a good bull in the L.E areas. They are grown like cattle in these areas. As far as Moose, Goat and Big horn sheep go. Hopefully it will help those who put in for these hunts. I myself am a Goat man and hope to draw soon.
Just my opinion and this is they way that I look at it.

Letter-rip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts