Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the privilege of meeting and hunting with a forum member yesterday! What a neat day the birds were not flying a lot and I missed everything I shot at, but the company was great and the day was beautiful.
Thanks again Rob:!: It truly was a great day to be out.
Thanks, Brad:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Thanks for going, it was a great day to get out. The hunting will get better as the month progresses and temperatures start to drop. It's amazing what one cold front can do to push birds in.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
You should have limited out on skeeters there in the first minute of shooting.....geeze they were bad on Saturday. I still have whelps all over my face, neck and hands. I swear that deep woods off was attracting them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Deep woods off worked great for me. I had swarm about a foot from me the whole morning. It's 25% deet. Louisiana you might go 100% deet. I hear the original listerine works good if you spray on everything around you. Haven't tried it though

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have limited out on skeeters there in the first minute of shooting.....geeze they were bad on Saturday. I still have whelps all over my face, neck and hands. I swear that deep woods off was attracting them.
They were out but didn't bother me to much, they were so big that out of the corner of my eye I would think they were ducks.;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts