Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad has made some comments recently about not using our boat enough. We decided we needed to get him out for a float. So we loaded up and left town on Wednesday, and headed towards the most picturesque place on Earth. I love this place! Whenever I hear mention of Africa, the Serengeti or other safari destinations, I always think about the Green River. Moose, owls, antelope, deer, swans, pterodactyls, otters, eagles, osprey.....this place has it all.

The campground was pretty sparse on Wednesday. The owls were feeling right at home letting us know we were encroaching on them. By Friday evening, the owls were gone and the crowds showed up. Thursday night was wild -- lightning flashes, and never ending rumbling and groaning of thunder. Friday brought off-color water, that got worse as we floated. Saturday's planned "short float" was called off due to muddy (grey) water.

Overall, it was a great trip. We need to make it annual.

Double!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what WFG stocks -- I don't think they stock any brown trout or cutthroat in the river at all. They did in the past, and could have stocked bonneville, snake river fine spots, and maybe even CR at some point. My understanding is that they are all naturally occurring at this point -- so it's probably a mutt. But it sure was a pretty one!

Reactions: Catherder

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice work. It has been too long since I fished there on a regular basis. The word has gotten out, and the biologists have done a great job there over the last decade to get fish numbers up.

WGAF still regularly stocks Snake River's and "Bear Lake" cutts throughout the whole reach of the Green, and specifically as well into Fontenelle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for report and great pictures of some gorgeous fish.

Great to see you guys out with your dad.

·
Registered
617 Posts
That is a special place. What did you get them on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts