Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the last day of October turned out a good one. Geez, my smoker is going to get a workout this weekend!

This is like a disease that plague's my soul! Help! I need HELP! I need a greenhead intervention.

Well, anyways. Just gettin it while I can. I did get some good Go Pro footage I just need to figure out how to upload it and post

EDIT:
Did I mention I went 7 ducks for 8 shots? 1 was wearing body armor

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I can help, just pm me the details and you can stay home:mrgreen: J/K

Reactions: LostLouisianian

·
Super Moderator
3,441 Posts
Looks awesome! You do have a disease and I believe there is no cure! On a positive note, no cure equals no reason to stop!;-)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Did I mention I went 7 ducks for 8 shots? 1 was wearing body armor
You obviously have serious issues, I mean c'mon how cruel is that to shoot 7 greenies with 8 shots. I hope you are seeking therapy. ;-);-)

We got skunked Saturday morning at FB. The son took a single shot at the only duck that came in range and missed...I should fire him.

Reactions: goosefreak

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
nice shooting
great video.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice video! Now I know where your spot is.;-)
Yeah only because you have been with me. thats a big WMA though. There are people who hunt around me all the time but, after all the hard work they do they still high ball on their calls constantly and sky bust. I watch people miss a lot of birds.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so, whats your guess east, west or south crystal or the miller?

And thanks, I use to chew for several years until I got wise

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I think I know your spot as well (not because I've seen you there, though). But since I plan on hunting it very soon, I'm sure not going to post a guess here and tell everyone where it is.

So if you see a young punk (probably with his bike parked somewhere in the vicinity) hunting your spot, come say hi and see if it's me. I'm happy to let you join me. :)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I think I know your spot as well (not because I've seen you there, though). But since I plan on hunting it very soon, I'm sure not going to post a guess here and tell everyone where it is.

So if you see a young punk (probably with his bike parked somewhere in the vicinity) hunting your spot, come say hi and see if it's me. I'm happy to let you join me. :)
It's quite obvious where he is hunting, I know that spot very well. It's in the REST AREA. Duh.... :tape::tape::tape:

Reactions: goosefreak

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That was a fun video to watch...thanks for sharing it with us. I can't begin to say how impressed I was to see those ducks decoying and shot at close range. That was an awesome, ethical, and impressive hunt...well done sir.
R

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I appreciate the complements guys!!

I didn't want to post my video because of some of the hassle I am receiving but, I wanted to show you guys what I do..

HERE ARE THE FACTS: In response to an overwhelming amount of PM's I have received over the video.

I'v been hunting out in these areas for 10+ years. I know these ducks (how they act in the area). I hunt a series of spots, never just 1 spot.
For those of you "Dissecting" my video. It will be like finding a needle in a haystack. You will never find it. IF you think you know where it is because of the background, chances are you are wrong. I don't mention this to "bust your balls" I say this because unless you hunt these exact same spots, you probably won't shoot 7 green. I'v hunted several times within 100 yards of even my best spot and I don't shoot much..It isn't until I am in the exact specific spot is when the green starts coming. If you guys have hunted the marsh out there you know what I mean whan I say finding a needle in a hay stack.. there are pockets and water ways everywhere.
Guys! there are several spots like the ones I hunt, all over this WMA its not like I have the 1 and only golden spot.
Watch the birds!! pick up your decoys and MOVE! EXPLORE! try something new! think outside the box, separate yourself from what everyone else does.. Be willing to not shoot birds. I have 8 spots where it is lights out green. I could easily go out and find 8 more with more hard work but, do I really need to?? I see where a lot of you guys hunt. I see you and I hear you.
You guys are in the spots where the birds are and want to be. change your tactic's and your luck may increase. Or it may not. now, this may not apply for everyone.
I guess what i'm saying is, instead of spending all this time finding "my spot" go find your own spots because even if you find "my spots" you will still have to put forth the same kind of effort as if you were to explore a new area on your own. That I will promise you.

Am I worried? no, not really. I'v shot plenty of birds. i'm starting to miss the days where I went and explored new territory. Fact is, I probably won't open these areas up next year. Figured I'll let the pressure die down.

You can hunt like this on any WMA, OB FB, BRBR, ect. pressured birds go into hiding. Find their hiding spot and go smash yourself some GREEN!

I am sorry If this comes off to some of you guys and being a Weiner. Thats not what my intentions were.

I like to duck hunt, I like to share picture of successful hunts.
I like to share videos, but, if people start backing me up a wall like some have, I'll stop making videos and I don't want to do that..

what you guys don't see is all the bad days of hunting I have.
I should start posting pictures of empty boats. to create a balance.

Thanks guys!! for all your positivity!

Get out there! Explore! try new things and hunt hard!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Goosefreak, I've always enjoyed your posts. The pics are nice to see but the video adds an extra element that takes the viewing pleasure to the next level. Not only seeing the end result but watching the birds work and seeing your shooting...excellent work. Thanks for sharing your hunting experiences with us and keep it up. Keep posting photos and now videos. As far as the nay sayers and those that want to harass you, like we always used to say "F-em if they can't take a joke"..:mrgreen:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Appreciate the video and nice shooting. Hunted FB for 13 years which is probably far less than some on here. Anybody who is consistently successful out there puts in the effort and works for it. PM sent.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts