·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Bax*

·
Registered
256 Posts
We need to convince the feds that the only way grizzlies will continue to succeed is to have all of the wolves removed.............

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Honestly, if the States would be allowed to maintain control/management of the wolves I'd be all for their reintroduction. Besides, won't it be awesome when SFW can auction off a few dozen high uintah or Wasatch wolf tags and raise abajillion dollars? But seriously, if properly managed wolves would be an awesome addition to our wildlife.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Honestly, if the States would be allowed to maintain control/management of the wolves I'd be all for their reintroduction. Besides, won't it be awesome when SFW can auction off a few dozen high uintah or Wasatch wolf tags and raise abajillion dollars? But seriously, if properly managed wolves would be an awesome addition to our wildlife.
With healthy big game populations, we can support allot of apex carnivores, and yes that means more hunting, which is always something to be positive about.

Sitting on a mineral lick at dusk photographing deer 2 years age, there were some coyotes talking back and forth. So I howled back, got a few replys from the 'yotes, and then a wolf howl split the air. Awesome! to say the least. That was the second Utah howl I have head, and almost 10 years since the first one. I saw the first wolf.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mention the wolves and grizzlies. It is interesting that in YNP, grizzlies have done better since the wolves were put there in '95. Grizzly are not nearly as aggressive as predators as the wolves. They will scavenge more than hunt. So when the wolves got there, the grizzlies would follow them and let the wolves do all the hard work, and once they got an elk or bison down, the grizz would then come in, kick the wolves off the kill, and eat until they were full, and there isn't a heck of a lot the wolves could do about it but watch and wait for the grizz to get full and hope there was something left. Grizz numbers increased in The Park as a result of the wolves' hunting efforts. Which I think is really pretty dang cool.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
With healthy big game populations, we can support allot of apex carnivores, and yes that means more hunting, which is always something to be positive about.
WTH are you trying to say?

More hunting for who? Predators?

So now wolfs cougar coyotes are giving us more hunting. Somebody should inform the boys east of the Mississippi that all they need is a healthy apex predator population so they can harvest more deer.

Take off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts