Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a couple pounds of ground deer leftover and I was wondering what everyone's favorite recipes. I tried doing a search back and all I could really find was a recipe for bacon and one for sausage. The bacon recipe was intriguing but I figured I would throw it out to see if I could find some other recipes. My wife isn't a big fan of the taste of deer so hopefully something that will mask the scent that I can make before she gets home and then surprise her with the news after she tells me it is delicious ;-)

·
Super Moderator
9,659 Posts
If you wife doesn't like the taste of it put it into some chili, tacos, or sloppy Joe's.

Those three things will kill the taste of anything.

·
Administrator
21,355 Posts
So I have a couple pounds of ground deer leftover and I was wondering what everyone's favorite recipes. I tried doing a search back and all I could really find was a recipe for bacon and one for sausage. The bacon recipe was intriguing but I figured I would throw it out to see if I could find some other recipes. My wife isn't a big fan of the taste of deer so hopefully something that will mask the scent that I can make before she gets home and then surprise her with the news after she tells me it is delicious ;-)
Did you search for "burger"?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I made stuffed cabbage rolls last year in the dutch oven that were awesome. Shepherds pie, venison meatloaf, red beans and rice. I don't have any recipes but they all ate just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts