Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am curious about guides who work the Wasatch unit. I drew this tag in 05 and ate tag soup. I was lucky enough to draw again. I am not completely sold on using a guide, but have never done so in the past. Questions I have:

What would I expect to pay? Who would you suggest/recommend? How are tips handled?

I have not had issues in the past finding elk on the unit. Had not considered a guide until a friend mentioned his uncle used one on this unit years ago with success. Thought it might be a option to increase my odds of success along with personal scouting trips.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

LA

·
Registered
561 Posts
All,

I am curious about guides who work the Wasatch unit. I drew this tag in 05 and ate tag soup. I was lucky enough to draw again. I am not completely sold on using a guide, but have never done so in the past. Questions I have:

What would I expect to pay? Who would you suggest/recommend? How are tips handled?

I have not had issues in the past finding elk on the unit. Had not considered a guide until a friend mentioned his uncle used one on this unit years ago with success. Thought it might be a option to increase my odds of success along with personal scouting trips.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

LA
Hey I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, give me a call, 435-671-3024.

Cameron

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah not a whole ton of elk that way. My buddy drew the archery tag also this year. So I will be helping him on the Wasatch the last 2 weeks. I now of a couple spots but not a whole lot to get excited about.

I noticed that instead of 1000 cow tags for the opener of rifle they are only doing 500. Not sure if that will Change the heard much though 500 is still a little high in my opinion. Also There are a ton of hunters that kill cows south of strawberry because they think the boundaries for the cow tag are the same as the bull tag. They are way wrong. Like I said cows are killed even though they are in the wrong area.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
The strawberry area gets hit pretty hard. Both cow and LE. Seems to be a lot of road hunters in that area too. I saw 6 bulls last saturday on the unit. One was a full grown 6x6 already. He's going to be a toad. The other 5 were just barely sprouting their 2nd and 3rd points. They were in a bachelor group

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You think the southside is busy current creek is an absolute zoo during the general hunts. Back to the original thread Layton archer I am sure there are alot of knowledgeable guys on here to help you out if you dont go the guide route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts