Utah Wildlife Forum banner
301 - 320 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Checked out Sportsmans, Smith and Edwards, and impact guns today. Tons of PMAGS but less than I have been seeing so it’s starting to take some effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m just about finished with shooting a 12 gauge entirely (except clay sports) as my waterfowling techniques have changed as I grow older and have quite a bit of 12 steel I will most likely never use.
I would be willing to trade 2.75” steel 3’s, 4’s and 3” BB,2’s towards 20 gauge 2.75” steel 4’s.
I am not interested in any 20 gauge 3” loads.
If you are interested in trading let me know.
Thanks.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't have any steel 20 gauge.

·
Registered
430 Posts
There is a ton of powder at Smith and Edwards in West Jordan. I just grabbed 4 lbs. A bunch of different kinds.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Excellent, your patience has been rewarded.
Now if we can just get everyone to not buy a single round from the KSL pieces of crap trying to make 300% markup.
Those pieces of crap can rot in a pile of spent primers.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Sportsmans had more rifle ammo this week than they’ve had in months. It still wasn’t a lot, but it was an increase. Several calibers I have not seen in months had at least a small supply. I picked up some 7mm in Barnes, which is what I’ve been hoping to get to make shooting at the range less stressful for how long it would need to last.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Saw 3000 CCI large rifle primers today at a local gun store in Salt Lake. Almost grabbed them but I don’t have a caliber to use them for.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I never thought I would go stand in line for ammo...
But I went to Sportsman's this morning because my Dad wants some ammo(he is 87, don't know what he will do with it !!). I got there 15 minutes early and was surprised the amount of people in line. I ended up about 2/3 the way towards the back. Was surprised how smooth it went. They actually had some stuff. I got him some .380 for dad and some .45 auto for a buddy of mine. They had lots of 9.
Wasn't as bad of an experience as I expected.

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
I never thought I would go stand in line for ammo...
But I went to Sportsman's this morning because my Dad wants some ammo(he is 87, don't know what he will do with it !!). I got there 15 minutes early and was surprised the amount of people in line. I ended up about 2/3 the way towards the back. Was surprised how smooth it went. They actually had some stuff. I got him some .380 for dad and some .45 auto for a buddy of mine. They had lots of 9.
Wasn't as bad of an experience as I expected.
I saw the line on my way to work and was wondering if it was for an ammo shipment.

Glad I don't need anything.

I was going to send my sister a few hundred rounds of 22lr she was wanting to shoot my dad's 22 that she inherited and couldn't find any, she lives in Colorado, UPS wanted $21 to ship it and I thought she could wait till some comes in stock.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I've been shopping for sporting goods in person for the first time since last spring so I just saw the ammo situation for the first time. The place looked gutted when I was in there last 😳

Our national supply chain situation is nuts across the board. Wild stuff.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 · (Edited)
Back after the last big run on ammo after the Sandy Ridge shooting... Cabelas announced they had 22lr in stock for the first XXX customers, limit 1000 rounds per customer. I went out to get in line at 6:30am... the line was already from the doors north and halfway down the sidewalk to the east... WHEN I GOT THERE. By the time the doors opened, the line was from the NE loading dock, halfway north along that retaining wall. It was insane.

They sold out of the Winchester 1000 packs by the time I got in, they gave me 2x of Blazer 500 packs. Craptastic ammo, I ended up selling one brick to a co-worker for what i paid for it... burned the other in guns I had to clean every 150 rounds.

The best part though was a guy behind me making the comment "around the world people wait in lines to get food, only in America do we wait in lines for ammunition" LOL!

It was waiting in that cold line before the sun came up I made the decision that when ammo came back in stock, I'd buy a case. I ended up later buying 2 cases. :)

-DallanC

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
Back after the last big run on ammo after the Sandy Ridge shooting... Cabelas announced they had 22lr in stock for the first XXX customers, limit 1000 rounds per customer. I went out to get in line at 6:30am... the line was already from the doors north and halfway down the sidewalk to the east... WHEN I GOT THERE. By the time the doors opened, the line was from the NE loading dock, halfway north along that retaining wall. It was insane.

They sold out of the Winchester 1000 packs by the time I got in, they gave me 2x of Blazer 500 packs. Craptastic ammo, I ended up selling one brick to a co-worker for what i paid for it... burned the other in guns I had to clean every 150 rounds.

The best part though was a guy behind me making the comment "around the world people wait in lines to get food, only in America do we wait in lines for ammunition" LOL!

It was waiting in that cold line before the sun came up I made the decision that when ammo came back in stock, I'd buy a case. I ended up later buying 2 cases. :)

-DallanC
Ha, that made me laugh, Craptastic ammo, best quote of the day to DallanC

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I made sure I had plenty of rifle and pistol ammo when I could get it. I never in my wildest dreams thought bird loads would be in demand like they are. Slugs and buck shot? Sure. But grouse and chukar loads???? Crazy. I can probably hunt for 3 or 4 seasons with what I have so I am not too worried yet. But I won't let the family shoot clays every month like we normally do in the summers until I feel good about replacing what we shoot.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I didn't need anything, but my Dad wanted some.
When we moved him from Mt. Pleasant to St George last year the only thing that came up missing was a big box of ammo....... surprised.....not.
So he was driving me crazy to find him some .380 and .32 auto. Got the .380.
I stocked up when Obama got elected in 08.
I saw the writing on the wall. :whistle:

I stopped and talked to Rick at Cal Ranch on Monday and he had some 250 count .22's.
But they were $20 a box. That's nuts !!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Between Scheels, Walmart and Sportsman's Warehouse I was finally able to get enough steel and lead shotgun shells for this year's upland and waterfowl season . It was alot of visits to get it done, but I didn't have to over pay.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Went up this morning and Al’s in Orem has quite a bit of 9mm and 223. Saw some 308 as well. Decent amount of clay pigeon rounds in 20 and 12 too. Not much in hunting rounds, mostly odd ball calibers.

If you need 308 hunting rounds, Sportsman’s in Provo has you covered. At least they did yesterday. At least 10 different options to choose from.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
According to these guys, cost of ammo will never go back down to what it was.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Down that way for work today and stopped in and got some shells for pheasants I’ve been wanting but never saw anywhere.

301 - 320 of 330 Posts