Utah Wildlife Forum banner
321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I picked up a couple of boxes there today, in fact about an hour ago. Shotgun ammo is the only thing I'm not real well stocked up on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Down that way for work today and stopped in and got some shells for pheasants I’ve been wanting but never saw anywhere.

You're welcome. I went back today and got 2 more boxes of 12 gauge. Still lots on the shelves. I was surprised. I went over to cal-ranch and got a box of 20 gauge. They have a limit of 1 box.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The only problem I had when I bought yesterday was it was all 7 1/2 or 8 shot. I use 6 shot a lot more than 8 shot. But I did buy a couple just to have.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Finally found some #6 12 gauge. Got the last 2 boxes at the cedar Walmart. More than enough for this year pheasants.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
I had a heck of a time finding #6's... I chose the nuclear option, they arrived just this past Saturday. I'm good forever for grouse loads. I already have some really nice #5s for ringnecks ;)

Price jumped on these just after they shipped out.

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
It’s been interesting to see which calibers have hit the shelves. Over the last year I’ve built up a decent stock for my 7mm. I just hope it likes the 140 TTSX! (It did like the 150 I’ve shot previously)

Still hardly any 338 win mag to be seen anywhere. Good thing I didn’t draw my bison tag! Truth be told, I’d probably have been okay as that gun shoots straight and I wouldn’t need to burn too much at the range.

I’ve picked up pheasant loads.

I’m good to go this fall. 2022 I’ve got no worries. If this shortage extends into 2023? I’ll still be hunting without any issue, but heaven help us all!

321 - 330 of 330 Posts