Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The central problem I have with your whole discussion is the idea that media reports on the plans are trustworthy, trustworthy enough to move on past the impressions people have of the subject. The media in this country is a joke, it's completely unaccountable on all sides to the point of basically just being a poor form of entertainment. Lack of accountability and factual reporting aside, left leaning media organizations commonly frame the questions in their polls in order to shade the end result toward the answers they want. The lack of trust we have in the media is really just about what you can see in countries that have had fascist or dictator takeovers, it's really at that point. Do you think all these other countries' populations saw and understood the change in media and were like, "Whoops, like communism is coming..." and everyone agreed and thought it was bad but couldn't help it? No, it couldn't have happened unless a significant portion of the population was bamboozled. My wording may have been pretty strong but I'll tell you what, the media bias in this country is reaching the point where we probably won't even be allowed to see polls that show it.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Off topic, Jed. Again.

·
Administrator
11,008 Posts
Let's us keep this on the discussion of the current bill that passed out of the Senate and not get sidetracked.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
My opinion is that, like most legislation, the bill is comprised of some good stuff with some really bad stuff mixed in that makes in unpalatable to me. Red flag laws are a slippery slope and I think that most are doomed to get stricken down when weighed against the Constitution. Probably a bad idea to take someone's guns away without due process. Proposed individually, there are a few ideas that I could get behind. Too many turds in the punch bowl as written. How's that for some meaningful discourse?--------SS

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It passed both the House and Senate. A first step but by no means adequate.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts