Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a couple of our local sporting goods store are running some gun ads. The prices don't look as bad as I thought they would. Fining ammo to shoot through them could be problematic, though.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Or reloading supplies. Just hit up Noslers website and check out their pricing on premium bullets. Some of their Partitions are now north of $80 per 50ct box.

I bought 2 boxes of 7mm Ballistic Tips yesterday at Gunnies. Have 3 more boxes of 7mm BTs (different weight) along with some 7mm Accubonds on order from a store back east. A year from now, these wildly over-inflated prices are going to seem cheap.

-DallanC

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
When the new administration took over, I heard some individuals talking about gun control and it would be passed through. I stated that it will never happen in the America, but, they will manage to limit the ammunition and components one can purchase. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm not the dullest either.

COVID isn't the issue at this time IMO! Its been two years going now and your telling me that manufactures cant make up for lost time and revenue? I don't buy it for one second. They are bouncing the price of ammunition/components to make up for the covid panic. They could blow out more if they wanted to but I think they are holding the factory runs at a normal speed, jacking the cost, and sitting back getting fat on the sales.

I saw SW had Remington 264 WM green box on the shelf and the price was $81.95. HOLY BAT CHIT ROBBIN!! That was priced at $26.00 before the hysteria began.

·
Senior Goof
3,666 Posts
Or reloading supplies. Just hit up Noslers website and check out their pricing on premium bullets. Some of their Partitions are now north of $80 per 50ct box.

I bought 2 boxes of 7mm Ballistic Tips yesterday at Gunnies. Have 3 more boxes of 7mm BTs (different weight) along with some 7mm Accubonds on order from a store back east. A year from now, these wildly over-inflated prices are going to seem cheap.

-DallanC
Jealous. I need 7MM bad.

I am lucky to have 8-10 boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade in 308. Could make a fortune off that crap now!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I was cleaning up today, found a unopened box of old 7mm 140 gameking's. I'll burn those up next for practice. They were $18 when I bought them, rofl!

Hornady Interlocks in both 139 and 162gr seem easy to find in 7mm currently. Hornady is killing it getting bullets out there. Check your local Cal-Ranch stores, I've bought 6mm and 7mm there recently, along with some more 240gr XTPs for ML deer hunting. I'm good on ML bullets...like forever probably. 500 240s, 200 more 300's.

I have a ton of loaded 160gr 7STW Accubond loads for elk. I recently loaded up 5 boxes of 7mm08 using 140gr accubonds for my sons gun, I have 1 unopened box of 140s' and 1 unopened box of 160s left (accubonds).

-DallanC

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Take all the money you think you will spend on a gun and buy ammo for the ones you already have. Good luck.
Or buy a rifle chambered in a caliber your already stocked up on.

Which is what I did recently, .308 in specific. It made sense in my case, because I didn't have a bolt gun, only a semi auto, which is rather restrictive on what I can feed it. (147gr to 168 gr)

Buying a bolt gun in the same caliber as my semi auto opened up a whole new ammo selection in 308, which can still be found in some places. Speaking of which, I saw a bunch of winchester M80 ball at sportsmans the other week, which I assume is gone by now. Hunting ammo is a little harder to come by. I've probably 150 rounds of hunting ammo saved up. With another 60 on the way. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it takes awhile for me to burn up hunting ammo if you don't count sighting in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts