Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was perusing the big game application guidebook today and I have a question. I know the Nine Mile Anthro Elk unit has changed for this year. It looks like there's an archery hunt for all of September, and a HAMS hunt for all of October. Looked like no multi-season or rifle hunts at all. But the map showing general spike areas lists this unit as a spike unit. So during the spike seasons, will it be HAMS only in Oct, and archery in Sept? Just wanting to know if I'm missing something or not. It wasn't too clear to me when I was looking earlier.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
You might have to rely on the unit boundary descriptions to be sure. I don't think the maps are entirely accurate.

From the meeting I think the intention was to do away with spike / any bull tags for those HAMS units but I could certainly be wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
because the general season rifle spike hunts will be going on in some of the limited entry HAMS elk units youll be required to still wear orange and be out with the masses as usual for general season hunts. but the hams hunt is longer then the general hunts so i would just hunt when the spike hunt is not in season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts