Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I and two friends traveled to Hardware Ranch on Saturday and shot the 3-d shoot. Weather was sunny most of the day with a heavy wind. It made the courses very challenging. We did not shoot the golf game, but the 3-d range was a lot of fun. One course was marked redding style, the other was un marked. Here is a link.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Other than the wind... which was a beast, most of the day was sunny. We saw no rain from the time we arrived until we left around 5:30 p.m. Half way down the canyon we ran into the rain. It was constant all the way back to Salt Lake with no break. Temps were warm enough. We shot in shirt sleeves with a thermal top underneath. I sat in the sign in building from 2:30 to 5 with my feet up. My partner shot another round without me. I don't have the stamina to shoot more than 90 arrows at an event anymore coupled with the walking up and down the hills. Age seems to get to us all eventually.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Other than the wind... which was a beast, most of the day was sunny. We saw no rain from the time we arrived until we left around 5:30 p.m. Half way down the canyon we ran into the rain. It was constant all the way back to Salt Lake with no break. Temps were warm enough. We shot in shirt sleeves with a thermal top underneath. I sat in the sign in building from 2:30 to 5 with my feet up. My partner shot another round without me. I don't have the stamina to shoot more than 90 arrows at an event anymore coupled with the walking up and down the hills. Age seems to get to us all eventually.
Understand the stamina thing. We shot Sunday but I just shot the unmarked side as it was my first outing on uneven terrain since breaking a leg in January.

I was suprised at the report of good weather on Saturday as it looked bad in Ogden all day.

Always a fun shoot for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts