Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is harold Crane any good for a boat? I took my boat out to Ogden bay and couldnt seem to get to any good spots. Any info would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just dont wanna drive out there to find that I can only get a few hundred yards off the ramp. Im not asking for a honey hole or anything. Just a general yes or no will suffice. I understand that this is a public forum, and I do understand that there are actualy people on here that are true sportsmen and would help a fella out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
don't take my answer as scripture, i have only been there once, but I think that hunting herald crane with a boat would be a lot more effective than anything else

however it is not very deep so it depends on the boat. but there are many places that you cannot get without a boat

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have a 14 foot flat bottom and a mud motor I'm surprised you couldn't find a lot of places at OB to hunt. Which unit or units did you try? There is a lot of area out on the big unit and you can get to all of it with a MM. When I read your original post I thought you had an outboard, which can limit the number of places you can get to on any WMA...but with a MM you should be golden on all of them.

There is a fairly big pond on HC. You can go out west down a channel from the boat ramp and the water opens up to the south of the channel a few hundred yards down. There is a lot of area out there and you should be able to get to most of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts