Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
And the tradesman I know have more opportunity for overtime than most employees I know. In fact, over the last decade, most jobs in my community switch people to salary before offering overtime. My brother would often make an extra $15-20k a year in overtime; definitely takes a toll on family life but offers a route to financial security that many lack.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
And the tradesman I know have more opportunity for overtime than most employees I know. In fact, over the last decade, most jobs in my community switch people to salary before offering overtime. My brother would often make an extra $15-20k a year in overtime; definitely takes a toll on family life but offers a route to financial security that many lack.
I have also witnessed the Company dangling the carrot out and asking that some employees become salary. One individual took the bait without any thought of "negotiating" a wage and work hours. After 6 months of working more hours than they would have prior to taking the position, they left the company.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts