Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys some what new to archery might be a dumb question. dose anyone know where I can get the tape the shows yards for single pin sights? I live in Midvale.

also who likes the single pin sights whats the good and the bad.
thanks

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I love my single pin sight. If you are going to own one I would pony up the bucks for you own program. I think the "tapes" program will run you around $20 and programs like "archers advantage" and "TAP" will give you all sorts of good help including tapes for $50-$80. They will pay for themselves pretty quick with what a shop will charge you.
They only place I think a single pin is at a disadvantage is turkey hunting. You are dealing with a little target that likes to move and holding over or under is harder in that situation. For all else I think they are far better. no counting pins, no sight picture clutter and dead accuracy ability. I have been shooting one since 2005 and have almost 30 kills since then and have never felt my single pin was a hindrance.
The biggest thing is to make sure you use it enough to be automatic when it comes to moving and setting it. I was surprised how fast it came to me. my first year using it I killed what is still my best buck at 12 yards. I walked into him and his buddy at close range and the first thing I did without thinking was move my sight form the 30 yards I kept it at.
So don't be scared of ditching the pins. I no I am still happy I did all those years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts